WARNING: Don’t try this before kissing (or be sure to take the precautions shared at the end of this post).
I like weird drinks. If the powerful master tonic – the mixture of everything antibiotic – wasn’t enough for you, I have a very simple, incredibly healthy, but perhaps a bit unusual tip for you: GARLIC JUICE.
You read that correctly. I said garlic JUICE!
Garlic is a popular and easily accessible superspice that is abundant in its incredible healing properties. Garlic keeps you fit, healthy and happy. There are many ways to consume it and a ton of recipes that call for it.
One of the easiest and most potent ways to ingest garlic is by juicing it. Here are some of the reasons why!
- Helps asthma: A mixture of a few drops of garlic juice, honey and a glass of water may help in controlling an asthma attack.
- Balances your cholesterol: Drinking garlic juice can reduce the thickening, hardening and shrinking of arteries.
- Helps coughs and sore throats: Mixing garlic juice and hot water can ease sore throats and coughs. Adding some pomegranate juice is an added bonus with antioxidant benefits.
- Aids hair growth: Apply some garlic juice on your bald spots twice a day and leave it until it dries. You may see results within days.
- Helps insect bites: Use it topically by massaging garlic juice on your bites for instant relief.
- Controls infertility: Drinking a combination of few few drops of garlic juice with warm milk (almond or coconut) may control infertility in women.
- Clears acne and pimples: Apply garlic juice on your skin and leave it for 5 minutes before washing it off to help your acne and pimples.
How To Make And Drink Garlic Juice
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: None
- Bulb of organic garlic
- Coffee filter
- Fine mesh sieve
- Food processor
- First, you need to peel the garlic.
- Add it to your food processor and blend it into a wet paste.
- Put the garlic paste into the mesh sieve over the bowl.
- Press the paste with a spoon to allow the garlic juice to drop into the bowl.
- Filter the garlic juice with a coffee filter.
- Store it in a bottle and keep it refrigerated for future use.
Different ways you can take garlic juice:
- You can simply drink the pure garlic juice directly. Adding water to decrease potency works too.
- You can also combine it with other vegetables, fruits, green juices and smoothies.
- You can also substitute whole garlic with garlic juice in your recipes.
- Add a few drops of garlic juice to soups or salad dressings.
- Drizzle garlic juice with some herbs onto your bread.
- Use some garlic juice when steaming, stir-frying, or baking vegetables.
If you are worried about garlic breath, the following tricks can help you:
- Drink some green tea.
- Chew on some parsley.
- Eat spinach.
- Drink some lemon juice or a glass of lemon water.
- Eat raw apples.
Now that you see the amazing benefits of garlic juice and how easy it is to make, it’s time to give it a try! Don’t be scared, your body WILL thank you!